- Light touch compared to calling. When someone texts your word to 82958, they're getting to know about what you're promoting without having to commit to a conversation. Don't under-estimate the power of this way to engage with potential customers.
- Immediate action. If you have information to go (dates, times, places...) letting people text in to your ad, poster or blackboard means they can take an immediate action. How does that compare to hoping they remember?
- Everyone knows how to text, wherever they are. For all practical purposes, that is, all your customers can text your word and take your information with them. It's hard for other services to give you that kind of coverage, especially if your customers are in a cafe, walking around town, in the park, in a car, reading your publication, on the train... the list goes on.
- Text responses can change anytime you like. Fixed messages on a sign, printed page or poster are exactly that: fixed, and painful to change. Add a text in word and you turn that fixed message into something more dynamic, because you can change the message that's sent back whenever you like.
- Easy to type. Compared to a 11 digit phone number, an email address or a web site address, our 82958 number is easy for your customers to use. (Did you know that 82958 spells out "Taykt" on your handset?)
- Expandable. We've made it trivially easy to set up an auto response when someone texts in your word, but you can take it further and build apps that interact with your customers. Our API lets your app receive the text message and decide what you want to send back. Is this the second time someone has texted in? Well, maybe send back something different this time. You can do that.
That's a few pointers to how SMS is a little different from other ways to interact. You can put them into practice over at taykt.com.